Some timeback, I had written about Adobe’s announcement on providing FlexBuilder2 free of cost to students and faculty of educational institutions. I had promised more info on this, so here it is.
First, the great news!! Adobe is giving you not just a FlexBuilder license, but also the Charting package along with it. This is great news as you can now make really awesome applications like the showcase dashboard easily. Here’s what you should do…
- Go ahead and create an Adobe ID here (ignore this if you already have one)
- Use the same page to sign in
- Go to the this link and download FlexBuilder & the Flex Charting package.
- Now go to flexregistration.com and register your product as a student or faculty
- If you are a student, you would need to upload scanned image (GIF or PDF) of the front of your Student ID stating a current date. If you do not have a Student ID please upload a scanned image (GIF or PDF) of a letter on your educational institutions letterhead that verifies that you are a current student at the institution
- If you are a faculty, you would need to upload scanned image (GIF or PDF) of the front of your Faculty ID stating a current date. If you do not have a Faculty ID please upload a scanned image (GIF or PDF) of a letter on your educational institutions letterhead that verifies that you are a current Faculty at the institution
- This info will be verified and then you can get the license key for the software.
On the same note, here are some other resources that students and faculty can leverage if they are interested in Flex.
- Adobe Education Developer Center – This page has a lot of information like books, articles by educators, showcases…etc
- Adobe Education Community
- Adobe Education Events – You can see product demos and some recordings of online seminars here
Do try it out and let me know if there are any issues or queries.