February 25, 2009
GIDS (Great Indian Developer Summit) is an annual event that happens in India (where else) featuring sessions and workshops by top companies… Me, Harish, Sujit, Anirudh and Ramesh are going to be there along with CF wiz-guys Rakshith & Hemanth for the event. We have several sessions and a workshop lined up from Adobe.
GIDS also has a Developer Awards along with it under many categories… Adobe has several products under various categories… vote for it and let Adobe outshine everyone at the awards.
- Development Environments – Flex Builder
- Web Development – Flash Platform & ColdFusion
- Mobile Development – Device Central
- Frameworks – Flex
- Collaboration Solution – Acrobat Connect
- Security – LiveCycle Rights Management ES
Trivia: CF won the best Web Development Platform last year and this time we have 7 nominations
December 19, 2007
The initRIA conference conducted by the Bangalore Flex User Group on Sunday, 16th Dec, 2007 was just awesome. It was a platform for me to learn a lot of things, meet other fellow Flex enthusiasts and network with guys from startups who were trying out Flex. The event had a lot of people talking on several topics…
- Data Visualization in Flex – by Me
- RIAjaxified – Rakshith, Adobe
- Designing RIAs with RC pattern – Yash Mody, TeknoPoint Multimedia
- Flash for Flex developers – Bhavin Padhiyar, SAP
- Building Live Documents – An online Office suite leveraging RIA technologies by Sumanth Raghavendra and Adarsh Kini, InstaColl
- Optimizing Flex and AS3 – Mrinal Wadhwa, SAP
- Developing Flex RIAs with Cairngorm Microarchitecture Debabrata Acharjee, CapGemini
- and a Birds of a feather session
What really cheered me up was that people had flown down from Mumbai, Pune & Hyderabad for the event. We even had a couple of students coming from Tanjaore, TN. It was a platform to meet the most passionate of Flex developers in India.
The early birds..
We even had some FlashLite folks coming down. Both Vivek & Mariam are very well known people in the FlashLite Community.
Me with Vivek & Mariam
I opened the sessions with a talk on “Data Visualization in Flex 3“. If you missed it, you can catch it in the following links…
The SlideShare version of my PPT
The sessions I personally was looking forward to were the ones on Performance Tuning in AS3 by Mrinal, the Flash for Flex Developers talk by Bhavin & the talk on Cairngorm by Debabrata.
Me during my session
Mrinal in deep thought
Deb on Cairngorm
But the highlight of the day was the presentation by the InstaColl guys, where they demoed their new (and much talked about) online suite called LiveDocuments. Sumanth did an awesome job in the demo and we were all excited to see LiveDocs in action. I had heard a lot about the company and the product before the day, in connection with the famous Sabeer Bhatia. The fact that it was built in Flex made it extra sweet for us 🙂
Sumanth Raghavendra (CEO, InstaColl – Live Documents)
Live Documents in Action
I also met some very interesting people and had some very exciting discussions in the birds of a feather session. I can safely say that this was probably one of the most enjoyable conferences that I have attended… Thanks for Mrinal & Saurabh Narula (from Honeywell) for making this happen and to Abdul for the photos 🙂