June 19, 2009
On the 27th June 2009, The CF & Flex User Groups in Chennai are collaborating to conduct a Flash Platform & CF pre-Launch event at Hotel Dee Cee Manor in Chennai. It is a full day event with ColdFusion and Flash Platform Sessions followed by Hands-on experience using Flash Builder and ColdFusion. Bring your laptops so that you can experience the software yourselves.
I will be there from Adobe along with Manju Kiran, a Sr.Lead Software Engineer Adobe ColdFusion team and will show exciting new features of the next generation of CF & Flash Platform.
It is a free event. Register here… Seats limited! See you all in Chennai on the 27th
February 25, 2009
GIDS (Great Indian Developer Summit) is an annual event that happens in India (where else) featuring sessions and workshops by top companies… Me, Harish, Sujit, Anirudh and Ramesh are going to be there along with CF wiz-guys Rakshith & Hemanth for the event. We have several sessions and a workshop lined up from Adobe.
GIDS also has a Developer Awards along with it under many categories… Adobe has several products under various categories… vote for it and let Adobe outshine everyone at the awards.
- Development Environments – Flex Builder
- Web Development – Flash Platform & ColdFusion
- Mobile Development – Device Central
- Frameworks – Flex
- Collaboration Solution – Acrobat Connect
- Security – LiveCycle Rights Management ES
Trivia: CF won the best Web Development Platform last year and this time we have 7 nominations
August 28, 2008
Register for mx:devsummit here [http://www.endtoend.in/ete2008/adobe/ria/micro]
You would see early bird discounts for well… early birds, till Sep 3rd. So, get together your colleges and register ASAP. There are also group discounts that people can take advantage of. See the chart below for all price details.
Early Bird/ Delegate(Before 3rd Sep)
Regular Rate Per Delegate (After 3rd Sep)
One of the problems that people might have is that, according to the event website, like any of the usual conferences, Group Registration Participation Rules say that:
All group registrants must be employed by the same company.
You can’t get so many people from your company? Dont worry !
I realize that this might be a problem as a lot of places like Mumbai, Pune, Ahmedabad… etc have a strong Flex user community, but cannot get groups of 15 developers to come for the conference from a company. This is usually due to the small sizes of the companies themselves, compared to those in other cities.
So, I have worked with the registration desk, so that even a “community or group of individual developers”(though it sounds oxymoronish, that’s exactly what it is) to get group discounts for the event. Here’s what you need to do:
- Make sure that all your group members register into the event website
- One person take the responsibility of being a group leader/ co-ordinator (can be a user group manager for instance) and make a DD for the total amount for all the people after discount. Say you and 9 of your friends are signing up for a group discount, make sure that you send only one DD for the amount, in this case, for 3000×10 = Rs.30,000. Please not that if you are opting for the group discount, it has to be in one DD!
- Mail the DD to the address on the page
- Also, send a mail out to email@example.com and quote the community promo code “raghuonflex” in the subject and have the following info from each delegate in the body of the email:
- Name,Company & Email of each delegate
- DD Details
And lo, you also can avail your discounts… So, Sign up fast. Network with fellow Flex developers to rialiaze your dreams and save money ofcourse:)
See you all at the conference…
April 7, 2008
The RIA Architect Summit on 3rd April 2008 was a really exciting affair. We had gurus like Ben Forta, James Ward & David Wadhwani (GM & VP Platform Business Unit, Adobe) on stage.
The event started off at a very small scale with just 100-150 people planned. But as we started inviting people the demand just went through the roof, that we had to open it up. We finally had over 400 people attending the event that saw the venue logistics being stretched to the limit.
Read the rest of this entry »
March 25, 2008
I just saw a twitter from Mrinal (Bangalore FUG Manager) announcing a survey on surveymonkey that is aimed at making the FUG meetings better & more interesting…
Go ahead and fill it up and help us improve 🙂
While on the topic, Mrinal has arranged for some Microsoft guys to come at the next BFUG meeting and talk about Silverlight. Be there, it is going to be interesting.
Register for the event here
March 14, 2008
It’s summit time again folks ! You might recollect the RIA Leadership Summit that happened when Shantanu was in Bangalore, which saw industry leaders from various IT Companies from across India attended the talk about Adobe’s vision and plans for the Rich Internet Application space.
Since then, the India RIA scene has been more dynamic than ever and there has been an increasing demand for insights into architecture & design principles around RIAs. As an acknowledgment to this Adobe brings “The RIA Architect Summit“.
What is in it for me?:
- Hear Naresh Gupta (MD, Adobe India), David Wadhwani (VP, Platform BU, Adobe) share the exciting future of RIAs using Flex & AIR
- Meet and learn from acclaimed evangelists James Ward & Ben Forta
- Hear about the success stories of leading IT Enterprises who have adopted Flex & AIR.
- Experience RIAs built on Adobe platforms and hear from the teams that built them
Who should attend ? :
Architects, Technical Managers and Strategic Decision Makers
When & Where? :
Date : 03 April ’08
Venue : The Chancery Pavillion, Bangalore
How do I get in?:
Register ASAP at http://adoberiarch.eventbrite.com/
Hurry! Registrations on a First Come First Serve basis…
December 19, 2007
The initRIA conference conducted by the Bangalore Flex User Group on Sunday, 16th Dec, 2007 was just awesome. It was a platform for me to learn a lot of things, meet other fellow Flex enthusiasts and network with guys from startups who were trying out Flex. The event had a lot of people talking on several topics…
- Data Visualization in Flex – by Me
- RIAjaxified – Rakshith, Adobe
- Designing RIAs with RC pattern – Yash Mody, TeknoPoint Multimedia
- Flash for Flex developers – Bhavin Padhiyar, SAP
- Building Live Documents – An online Office suite leveraging RIA technologies by Sumanth Raghavendra and Adarsh Kini, InstaColl
- Optimizing Flex and AS3 – Mrinal Wadhwa, SAP
- Developing Flex RIAs with Cairngorm Microarchitecture Debabrata Acharjee, CapGemini
- and a Birds of a feather session
What really cheered me up was that people had flown down from Mumbai, Pune & Hyderabad for the event. We even had a couple of students coming from Tanjaore, TN. It was a platform to meet the most passionate of Flex developers in India.
The early birds..
We even had some FlashLite folks coming down. Both Vivek & Mariam are very well known people in the FlashLite Community.
Me with Vivek & Mariam
I opened the sessions with a talk on “Data Visualization in Flex 3“. If you missed it, you can catch it in the following links…
The SlideShare version of my PPT
The sessions I personally was looking forward to were the ones on Performance Tuning in AS3 by Mrinal, the Flash for Flex Developers talk by Bhavin & the talk on Cairngorm by Debabrata.
Me during my session
Mrinal in deep thought
Deb on Cairngorm
But the highlight of the day was the presentation by the InstaColl guys, where they demoed their new (and much talked about) online suite called LiveDocuments. Sumanth did an awesome job in the demo and we were all excited to see LiveDocs in action. I had heard a lot about the company and the product before the day, in connection with the famous Sabeer Bhatia. The fact that it was built in Flex made it extra sweet for us 🙂
Sumanth Raghavendra (CEO, InstaColl – Live Documents)
Live Documents in Action
I also met some very interesting people and had some very exciting discussions in the birds of a feather session. I can safely say that this was probably one of the most enjoyable conferences that I have attended… Thanks for Mrinal & Saurabh Narula (from Honeywell) for making this happen and to Abdul for the photos 🙂